There are more than fifty buildings from the 16th century to the beginning of the 20th on the museum’s 15 hectares. All of them have been moved from the site of their original construction. They include large farms as well as Quatmann’s and Wehlburg’s farms, medium-sized farms like those of Hakke of Hoffmann, as well as the residential buildings and workhouses of hirelings and tradesmen. The special attractions include three windmills, a manor, church and a school on the museum’s property. The ensemble of buildings at the open-air museum offers insight into the daily lives and cultural history of the entire northwestern region.
Overview our buildings
Lürding Carpentry Workshop from Andorf (Osnabrück County), built in 1840. Re-constructed at the open-air museum in 1985
Arkenstede Manor from Greater Arkenstede (Cloppenburg County), built in 1684. Re-constructed at the open-air museum between 1936 and 1937
Village Church from Klein Escherde (Hildesheim County), built in 1699. Re-constructed at the open-air museum in 1977.
Awick Farmhouse from Scharrel (Cloppenburg County), built in 1822. Re-constructed at the open-air museum between 1966 and 1967.